In Black-and-White Land there are no colours, and everything is made of squares, rectangles or triangles.
Design the setting for a picture book that begins:
A long time ago in Black-and-White Land, …
You can give yourself a rating for your design.
- 1 point for every rectangle
- 1 point for every square
- 2 points for every triangle
- Up to 20 points for your creativity and persistence.
We would love to see pictures from Black-and-White Land, so send your artwork to email@example.com. If your parent or teacher gives us permission, we might put your example on the blog.
- 1 point for every right angle
- 1 point for an isosceles triangle and right triangle
- 2 points for every equilateral triangle
- 3 points for every scalene, acute, or obtuse triangle
- An extra 5 points for every square or rectangle built from combining 3 or more triangles
Of course, you can just have fun and create your own challenge and rating code.